Category Archives: Pdf-casting
As a guest pdf-cast, I am making the topic of today’s post here on Huliganov TV the Prof. Moses Schorr Foundation, a unique non-profit organization in Poland, which runs an educational centre for secular and religious Jewish studies and the country’s largest Hebrew language school.
Using a wide range of professional tools, as well as social media, they educate both Jews and Poles about the enormous presence of Jews in the Polish society before the Holocaust, their contribution to culture, political thought and community life, all in a contemporary context, but respectful of tradition. What makes them distinctive is their flexible programming, which allows them to participate in the public debate in Poland, while remaining inclusive for students of all backgrounds and viewpoints.
Their overarching objective is to support the development of an open society in Poland and help counter the rise of xenophobia and isolationism in Europe by using documentary material and scholarly work to re-create the past and bring back to life links between communities that were brutally destroyed by the Holocaust.
Here is the annual report of the Foundation. Hopefully it will spark the interest of some of my readers.
- Jill Shaw Ruddock: To Snip or Not to Snip Is Not the Question (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Polish officials call on Obama to apologize for ‘death camp’ remark (jta.org)
- Museum of Polish Jews Wins Major New Donations (abcnews.go.com)
- David Herman interviews Jan Gross, chronicler of Polish atrocities (thejc.com)
- The answer is Zionism – Ynetnews (ynetnews.com)
- Aided by Ultra-Orthodox, City’s Jewish Population Is Growing Again (nytimes.com)