Sunday Quiz #1 – The Book of Romans 1-4.
This is the first in a new series of quizzes on this Channel. There will be a quiz and then a photo, which might or might not have anything to do with the quiz but actually serves as a buffer to help you not accidentally see the answers.
Each of these quizzes will be in the Quiz Section of the right hand navigation, so if you liked this and want to try some of the earlier ones, you’ll be able to find them there, and also they’ll be classified to another place depending on the theme of the quiz. The idea is to teach something useful within a set theme, which might be a text from the Bible or another text Christians and others might wish to be familiar with, and a missing word. Otherwise they might related to a specific theme from history, nature, etc. It is not purely a trivia quiz but a way to spark your interest in looking up more about the topic.
Today, the Book of Romans, in the King James Version, Chapters 1-4, some of the hardest writing in the New Testament – how well do you know it?
1) Romans 1 v 16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the x first and also to the y”
A) x = Jews, y = gentiles
B) x = Jew, y = Greek
C) x = Christians, y = unbelieving
D) x = righteous, y = poor
2) Romans 1 v 22 “Professing themselves wise, they became …”
3. Romans 1:28b “God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not ….”
4. Romans 1:30 “Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to …”
C) the law
5. Romans 3:4a “God forbid: yea let god be true and every man …..”
A) a liar
B) hold silence
6. Romans 3:11 “There is none righteous, there is none that seeketh after ….”
7. Romans 4:2 “For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory, but ……”
A) not in great measure
B) not before God
C) was not so minded
D) not so hath any other
8. Romans 4:8 “Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute …”
9. Romans 4:22 “And therefore it was imputed to him for …”
10. Romans 4:25 “Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our … ”
1B 2D 3A 4D 5A 6C 7B 8C 9B 10C
Now please add up your marks and see how many you got.
3 or less – You don’t know the topic at all, as this mark can easily be got by random chance.
4-5 You have a slight familiarity with the topic, please consider reading about it.
6-7 You have reasonable familiarity with the topic, but could do with improving your knowledge.
8-9 You have a good familiarity with the topic, but a refresher could be useful
10 You seem to have an excellent knowledge of the topic. Well done!
Or, in tradition terms:
4 = E
5 = D
6 = C
7 = B
8 = B+
9 = A
10 = A+
Please share how you got on in the comments below, and please share the Quiz with all of your friends who would enjoy this topic.