Category Archives: Sara
The fifth in a series of about 20 quite varying videos from our Summer holiday this year, currently uploaded to YT.
You won’t believe the insect in this film – I really had to stop and think whether it was a moth or a hummingbird!
The location is not being disclosed at this time. It may be disclosed in a passworded post later on.
This is because it’s too good. If people knew what good value for money this was, I wouldn’t get a look in.
It’s near Tours, that’s all I’m sayin’. Knawm sayin’?
- Capturing Insects in flight – begin an amazing journey (pixiq.com)
- Decking causing British butterfly decline (telegraph.co.uk)
- Plant biology: Growth industry (nature.com)
- Damselflies in distress forced back to UK by climate change (independent.co.uk)
- Fish, Birds, and Bats Inspire Navy’s Next-Gen Drones (wired.com)
- Scientist at Work: Of Birds and Insects (and a Coral Snake) (scientistatwork.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Poll: 1 In 5 Americans Believe Obama Is A Cactus (theonion.com)
Production date: 6 July 2006
Playout date: 6/7/2006
Camera: Fuji Finepix
Post Production: WMM
Location: Warsaw Zoo.
Soundtrack info: Mokotow Cocktails “Swing low, sweet chariot”
This was a lovely day for me, as for the first time I managed to get all my daughters together for a day out (first and second marriages) and we went to Warsaw zoo. This is a memento of that trip.
The singing in the background was a covert recording at a practice session of the Mokotow Cocktails, and is not as finely-honed as they would normally do for performance, but I think it sounds very nice anyway, and in some places I managed to hang some images around the words of the song.
The Mokotow Cocktails were a choir in Warsaw which existed in the mid 2000s, but disbanded after the director of the choir, David B (the male voice you can hear with mine on the track) had to leave Poland as his wife was a diplomat and sent for another country posting. (I won’t use the surname because the place they went onto is somewhere I’d call less safe than Poland). Elena and I greatly enjoyed being part of it for some months towards the end. But alas, the pleasure was not destined to continue for long.