|Playout date:||14 November 2006|
|Post Production:||Windows Movie Maker – slight use|
|Location:||Hout Bay, Cape Town|
|Other people featured:||David Uncleborough, Afrikaaner boat captain, Viktor Dmitrievitch Huliganov, Pierre Delauney|
|Music used:||Heaven for Everyone, Queen|
|Languages used:||English, but with Russian and French words for seal.|
|Animals featured:||Arctocephalus pussilus, Cape fur seal|
I rarely do a lot of different voices on one video, but this is one occasion. I do what I hope is a passable
impersonation of David Attenborough (I called this character David Uncleborough and he comes up a couple of times in my films), and also I do a South African, some Huliganov and some Pierre Delauney.
The Hout Bay cape fur seal colony is a beautiful thing to see. This is the part of the world where the great
white shark preys on these creatures, even jumping out of the water to attack them. We didn’t see any of them today, though.
The mountains around are the twelve apostles, very majestic neighbours of the Table Mountain.
- Wildlife up close in a sea kayak off Cape Town (reuters.com)
- Good ‘Seal Ambassador’ Taken-Out by Marine and Coastal Management Official (namibia2007.wordpress.com)
- End Namibia’s Seal Hunt (our-compass.org)
- Top 7 Surf Spots in South Africa (hotelclub.com)
- Cape Town Culture (thetallandtheshortofit.wordpress.com)
- If seals have the intelligence to love us (sealalertsa.wordpress.com)