This is the second in a new series of quizzes on this Channel. It consists of a ten question, multiple choice quiz and then a photo, which might or might not have anything to do with the quiz but actually serves as a buffer to help you not accidentally see the answers, which are given at the end along with an assessment of your score.
Each of these quizzes will be in the Quiz Section of the right hand navigation, so if you liked this and want to try some of the earlier ones, you’ll be able to find them there, and also they’ll be classified to another place depending on the theme of the quiz. The idea is to teach something useful within a set theme, which might be a text from the Bible or another text Christians and others might wish to be familiar with, and a missing word. Otherwise they might related to a specific theme from history, nature, etc. It is not purely a trivia quiz but a way to spark your interest in looking up more about the topic.
Today, the Book of Romans, in the King James Version, Chapters 5-8, some of the hardest writing in the New Testament – how well do you know it?
1) Romans 5 v 6 “For when we were yet without x, in due time Christ died for the y.”
A) x = strength, y = ungodly
B) x = stength, y = weak
C) x = hope, y = unbelieving
D) x = hope, y = righteous
2) Romans 5 v 11b “And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the …”
3. Romans 5:16b “but the free gift is of many offences unto ….”
4. Romans 6:3 “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his …?”
5. Romans 6:14 “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but …..”
A) under grace
B) free therefrom
D) above the law
6. Romans 7:7b “For I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not ….”
D) commit adultery
7. Romans 7:22 “For I delight in the law of God after the inward ……”
8. Romans 8:6 “For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spritually minded is …”
A) life and light
B) life and peace
C) life and joy
D) joy and peace
9. Romans 8:10 “And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of …”
10. Romans 8:39 “Nor height, nor depth, nor … , shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”
A) breadth, nor width
B) principalities nor powers,
C) things present, nor things to come
D) any other creature
1A 2C 3D 4D 5A 6C 7A 8B 9B 10D
Now please add up your marks and see how many you got.
3 or less – You don’t know the topic at all, as this mark can easily be got by random chance.
4-5 You have a slight familiarity with the topic, please consider reading about it.
6-7 You have reasonable familiarity with the topic, but could do with improving your knowledge.
8-9 You have a good familiarity with the topic, but a refresher could be useful
10 You seem to have an excellent knowledge of the topic. Well done!
Or, in tradition terms:
4 = E
5 = D
6 = C
7 = B
8 = B+
9 = A
10 = A+
Please share how you got on in the comments below, and please share the Quiz with all of your friends who would enjoy this topic.
3 thoughts on “Sunday Quiz #2 – The Book of Romans 5-8.”
Thanks, I see I did overlook a couple of errors. Hopefully now in order, and I’ll check the above while I am about it.
I haven’t reviewed this one, but the first quiz has some wording errors compared with at least my copy of the “Authorized” King James Version. That could well throw off somebody who once knew the blessed verses backwards and forwards but doesn’t keep that knowledge up to the second.
I’ll check it again.