I had to go into work at the weekend and one of the things that that old office had about it is that whenever you were there on a Saturday there’d be something going on. Recently I filmed the Bikers’ Critical Mass from the same window on a VAT quarter when I had to be there on a Saturday.
Anyway, I put this video together both in the commentary and in the labelling on YouTube claiming that tyhis was the Gay Rights March in Warsaw. Well it’s been up for months and nobody has said anything, although of course it may be that someone has twigged and just kept stum about it.
Does this look or sound like the Gay March? What it was in fact was the anti-gay march. They were coming out of the forest there and congregating and getting ready to confront the main march – which indeed they did as you can see from news reports the same day.
Interesting is what they are shouting “Polska dla Polakow” – Poland for the Poles. I think these people need to focus on one thing at a time: either they should be making a protest march protesting at the fact that some people are gay, or they should be making a protest march that 1 million of their compatriots don’t live in Poland but somewhere else in the EU, and urging society to make jobs so that these people can come back. I think mixing the two “wateks” just shows a certain confusion of thinking on their part.
So here we have it – stay subbed to Huliganov TV! Here’s where you get the real back story to the videos that go up on Usenetposts channel on YouTube!
- Gay Polish fans call for separate seating at Euro 2012 (telegraph.co.uk)
- Warsaw, Poland Part 1: Sight-seeing and The Gift of Communism (stevensirski.wordpress.com)
- First Sleeper – Warsaw, Poland (travelpod.com)
- Debunking stereotypes: Poles are homophobic (guardian.co.uk)
- Warsaw hosts EuroPride despite protests (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Warsaw, Poland: an up-and-coming European museum destination (gadling.com)
Today has very nearly been the day I broke my postaday2011 challenge – after all, it’s coming up to the time when the VAT and the books for the year end have to be done and there are audits and accounts to be done left, right and centre, so this can’t be a long post. I have barely been able to follow the news, which is a good source normally for things to write about, and although I said I would soon write about these animal die-offs, this isn’t the time for that either as it needs a bit longer.
So what can I do with this post? Maybe a few photos just to check out the gallery possibilities on here…
Now where do you think that is? Do you recognise it? Any guesses? Answers in the comments, please!
- “Inflation moves higher even before VAT rise to 20%” and related posts (touchstoneblog.org.uk)
- Word Press: I’m In and Taking the Post-A-Week 2011 Pledge! (cachandochile.wordpress.com)
- Value Added Taxes Around the World (turbotax.intuit.com)
- “UK caught by surprise by Decemberâ€™s inflation jump: 3.7%” and related posts (genevalunch.com)
- I’m Accepting the Challenge (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)